Nicole Zenner, CSEP
Owner + Officiant
- I believe that love is love and proudly celebrate that. I welcome everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, physical ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender.
- While I’m a practicing Catholic, I believe in meeting everyone where they are at in their spiritual or faith journey. That is why my couples choose the level of spiritual or religious traditions they want to incorporate in their ceremony. It is not my ceremony, it is theirs.
- I was ordained by the Universal Life Church in July 2017, when I launched Zen Events. But I began my career in wedding and event planning 17 years ago. (Yes, the same year that Facebook launched and ‘Friends’ ended…lol).
- I am vaccinated and boosted!
- In addition to my role as an officiant, I love my titles of daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. Family is everything to me! The picture here is of my mom, my brother Shaun and his wife, and my brother Christopher and his husband. Sadly, my father passed away from cancer in 2017.
- I hold the CSEP designation and am 1 of 500+ event professionals worldwide to have this honor. I am 1 of 24 event professionals in Chicago to hold this designation.
- I am a proud member of ILEA and am a past president of the Chicago Chapter. ILEA is the principal association representing the creative events professional, globally, and it is a network of some of the best of the best in events!
- I’ve won a few awards for my work within the industry, but it is the stories I’ve shared, and memories I’ve helped to make for my clients that make me the most proud of what I do.
- Some of my favorite activities are brunches, a Cubs game, achieving my goal of 30 books read this year, and writing out notes to friends or family. (As long as I have your address, you’ll always receive an anniversary card from me!)
Love is when the soul starts to sing and the flowers of your life bloom on their own.
Life + Love
Follow me on Social Media